Bronze Award – Expedition Section:
Training Day Saturday 9 February New Forest – venue and times to be confirmed
Practice Expedition Saturday 18 May – Sunday 19 May South Downs – start point, campsite, end point to be confirmed
Qualifier Expedition Saturday14 September – Sunday 15 September New Forest – start point, campsite, end point to be confirmed
Silver Award – Expedition Section:
Training Day Saturday 9 February 2019 New Forest – venue and times to be confirmed
Practice Expedition 3rd-6th May 2019 (Probably low lands of Brecon Beacons) Cost approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment & Supervision
Qualifier Expedition Sunday 28th July to Friday 2nd August 2019 (Team to decide venue)
Cost subject to where we go, approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment, Supervision and Assessor.
Gold Award – Expedition Section:
Training Day Saturday 9 February 2018 New Forest – venue and times to be confirmed
Practice Expedition 3rd-6th May 2019 (Brecon Beacons)
Cost approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment, Supervision and Assessor
Qualifier Expedition Sunday 28th July – 2nd August 2019
Cost subject to where we go approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment, Supervision and Assessor.
If you are doing Silver or Gold with Fareham Please drop Sue an email to sign up firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Gold Hants Scouts
Week 1: Expedition Training & Practice, location Dartmoor – Sat 06 – Fri 10 April 2019 – Cost approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment and supervision.
Week 2: Qualifying Expedition, location Brecon – Thu 22 – Mon 26 August 2019 – Cost approx £100 inc. travel, group equipment and
How do I sign up for more information?
Please sign up at www.tiny.cc/opengold2019.
If you are interested in undertaking your Duke of Edinburgh Award you need to at least be an Explorer and in year 9 to register for Bronze, Year 10 to register for Silver and aged 16 to register for Gold.
1. If you are interested in completing your Bronze, Silver or Gold with us, could you please:
• Email Sarah Fareham West email@example.com or Sue Fareham East Lupton@operamail.com
with your and a parent’s email addresses so that the DofE team can start to send you information and copy your parent in for information.
• Let your Explorer Leader, Network or District Commissioner (as appropriate) know that you have registered to undertake a DofE award. They will then be able to support you in undertaking the further activities required to achieve the Chief Scout’s Award/Queen’s Scout Award associated with the level of DofE that you are undertaking.
• Register on the edofe site when you receive your login and registration details.
• Undertake your planning on the edofe system as soon as you have decided what activities you would like to do for each section. We can then ensure that you do not waste time, effort and money doing something that does not meet the DofE requirements.
Much of the onus on completing your DofE Award falls to you. We provide a comprehensive programme for the expedition section and are available to support you in your Volunteering, Skill and Physical (and Residential at Gold) sections. Please feel free to drop us an email or ring us whenever you have a question or are unclear on something. We will also organise drop-in surgeries where you can come along to talk to us about your activities, planning, uploading evidence or anything else that you need support with. We will let you know about these by email.
Many of you are thinking of next summer and some expedition dates are below. Some additional activities, such as supported route planning evenings will also be set. All dates are compulsory for the DofE level you are planning to undertake.